EVENT: The Mimico Village Tulip Festival
DATE: Tuesday, May 28, 4-8pm
LOCATION: Mimico Village, Royal York Rd and Hay Ave.
The Mimico Village Tulip Street Art Project and The Mimico Village Tulip Festival are annual community initiatives celebrating their 17th anniversary on May 28, 2019. Children from approximately 20 Etobicoke area schools and community groups take part in the painting of (24) 4ft. tulip art forms that will be displayed along Royal York Rd, south of Evans Avenue all summer long. This year the students of the Etobicoke schools are painting their tulips in the theme of “Friendship and Community”.
The day of the festival, when the tulips are unveiled, their arrival is celebrated by the FREE family fun event: The Mimico Village Tulip Festival. Over 2,000 people attend this much anticipated community event. Children take part in free events including: rock climbing, face painting, cookie decorating, entertainment, meeting with special characters and more. We offer a festival marketplace for neighbours to shop from local businesses and handmade artisans.
Some highlights for the 2019 Mimico Village Tulip Festival include:
- Children’s entertainment (face painting, balloons, arts and crafts, games, etc)
- Special Live performances from students at The Stop
- Bollywood Dance Performance and Workshop from Ritu Neb of Pure Soul Energy
- Charity BBQ with food donations from The Royal York Meat Market, with proceeds going to the Cornerstone Church
- Tiny Toy collection and demonstration from Tiny Toys Co.
- Children’s Book Swap organized by Oak Learners
Photos available upon request.
For more information or to schedule an interview, please contact our 2019 Tulip Festival Director: